The Docketing Specialist position requires a flexible and detail-oriented candidate who is able to manage multiple projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and organizational skills.
This position can be based in Austin, Dallas, or Houston, Texas.
The Docketing Specialist will be responsible for working both independently and with the docketing team to maintain the firm’s docketing system and will perform skilled tasks associated with the administrative needs of the Intellectual Property and Technology attorneys which include, but may not be limited to:
- Creating records within the database, docketing or calendaring of due dates, and de-docketing or removing due dates when appropriate
- Cultivating relationships and following up with attorneys and/or paralegals regarding actions due, and other related tasks
- Docketing and reviewing all U.S. and foreign prosecution mail, as well as opposition, interference and/or appellate matters
- Monitoring and updating attorney dockets daily, with strong attention to approaching deadlines
- Intake and auditing of transfer files
- Maintain knowledge of latest IP rules, both domestic and foreign
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues or questions pertaining to docketing
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Experience with foreign trademark docketing, preferred
- Knowledge of docketing software applications a plus
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products, including Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service-oriented