The Global eDiscovery Services Group provides eDiscovery and document review services to the firm’s disputes lawyers and clients. This strategic position will be involved in building and leading a team of eDiscovery professionals to support the firm’s thriving cybersecurity legal practice. The Cyber Incident Response (CIR) Manager will work with department management to assemble a team of project managers and data analytics professionals to support the eDiscovery component of cyber breach matters. The CIR Manager will also be involved in the evaluation, selection and management of breach review vendors and technology solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of CIR analysts and project managers to ensure maximum productivity and quality service on all projects.
- Manage relationships with CIR vendors who provide processing, hosting and review services for breach matters.
- Work with legal teams, vendors and clients to develop strategy for analyzing exfiltrated data, from initial analysis, through review, extraction and notification.
- Work with Assistant Director to develop project budgets.
- Coordinate with legal teams and vendors to prepare for project kick offs.
- Supervise day-to-day activities and project deliverables.
- Function as the leading subject matter expert in solutions and methodologies that address data-related challenges in breach review matters.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to design appropriate technical solutions in this complex area.
- Assist to refresh and maintain the process maps and playbooks for CIR matters.
- Support the department’s professional development program surrounding CIR best practices and related methodologies.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in litigation support, eDiscovery, TAR and project management.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects and teams.
- Familiar with database concepts and technologies, such as MS SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results.
- Ability to work efficiently under rigorous deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in sensitive and stressful situations.