We are seeking a Business Development (BD) Coordinator to support the Senior BD Manager and Senior BD Coordinator with day-to-day and strategic marketing and business development activities for the Corporate, M&A and Securities, Real Estate and Tax practice teams.
The Corporate, M&A and Securities, Real Estate and Tax practice teams are key service areas for Norton Rose Fulbright, advising many of the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions on complex, high-value transactions.
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator will be responsible for supporting experience management, RFP responses, profile raising initiatives, client development, events, online content and publications. This proactive, hands-on role offers a balance of project ownership/autonomy with the opportunity to get involved in practice- and industry-specific initiatives in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
We are looking for a candidate who shows ambition, determination and the desire to pursue a career in business development. We aim to provide you with opportunities to develop your career, encouraging close cooperation and teamwork alongside our broader Marketing and Business Development team.
This position can be in Austin, Dallas or Houston and reports into a Senior BD Manager based in Austin.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Initiatives – Assisting with the development and execution of BD initiatives to target opportunities in specific practice areas, industries and locations.
- Experience Lists – Produce and update practice experience statements, marketing collateral and brochures.
- League Tables – Manage transactional deal submissions to league table publications.
- Proposals/RFPs – Prepare bespoke proposals, RFP responses and other client development presentations, including drafting and editing content; and coordinating multi-practice contributions to opportunities (such as CVs, team details, experience, etc.)Directory and Award Submissions – Prepare and coordinate content for submission to Chambers, Legal 500 and other media publications.
- Publications and Client Alerts – Coordinate the development and publicizing of client alerts and articles, in cooperation with the Marketing and PR team where necessary.
- Internal Reporting – Track and report on client development efforts and partner BD-related activities.
- Research – Coordinate industry or organization research with the in-house competitive intelligence team.
- Events/Sponsorships – Event support and delivery in collaboration with the in-house events team for conference sponsorships, client presentations and seminars, client dinners and other events related to the promotion of the practices.
- Internal Comms – Use internal communications channels in the US and, where relevant, at a global level to raise awareness of BD initiatives and opportunities.
- Branding – Ensure on and offline marketing collateral is compliant with visual identity guidelines, working in conjunction with the central Brand and Design teams.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Graduate caliber with demonstrable and/or professionally recognized marketing or communications qualification
- Significant relevant marketing and organizational experience
- Understands when to act and when to ask
- Builds trust among lawyers and marketing teams
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Experience of working in a legal and/or professional services environment
- Strong working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Our business principles are Quality, Unity, Integrity. The successful candidate will be expected consistently to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Shows technical ability
- Contributes effectively at meetings
- Seeks supervision and/or supervises appropriately
- Communicates effectively
- Organized and meets deadlines
- Focuses on performance enhancement
- Develops and maintains relationships
- Delivers excellent service
- Builds strong reputation
- Actively contributes to the team
- Demonstrates leadership orientation
- Treats people with dignity and respect
- Promotes and demonstrates our business principles
- Focuses on strategic priorities