The Global Architecture team, headed by the Global Chief Technology Officer, works in line with the global IT plan to deliver a robust and achievable technology roadmap enabling the firm’s growth and to drive consistency and operational efficiency, globally. The team working in close collaboration with regional technical leads, is responsible for defining IT governance and standards, ensuring a one design, fit for all principle.
The Enterprise Architect - Technology and Cloud will be responsible for building and driving the realization of a multi-year vision and actionable roadmap for Norton Rose Fulbright’s technology and cloud architecture, that will enable a simpler, more secure, and more efficient future-state to enable Norton Rose Fulbright’s growth ambitions. In addition, will drive the creation and adoption of architecture processes, standards, and a “best-of-breed” technology portfolio for Norton Rose Fulbright. The role will also deliver near term improvements, through new or planned initiatives, demonstrating the business benefits of cloud technologies to gain further support and buy in to the multi-year vision and roadmap. Paramount to the success of this role is the Technology and Cloud Architect’s ability to collaborate with and influence teams across the global enterprise with the common goal of creating and simplifying systems, technology and processes.
- Create and maintain appropriate Enterprise Roadmaps (3–5-year time horizon), covering current and future state solutions, to deliver the global IT plan, and realize the associated business benefits including increased efficiency and scalable growth.
- Develop business cases to demonstrate ROI in support of roadmap and solutions approval.
- Lead strategic design/scoping activities to drive the implementation of solutions aligned with enterprise architecture goals and objectives.
- Lead Architecture review activities for Technology and Cloud domains and in the definition and maintenance of the architectural direction.
- Develop solutions which are readily implementable and supportable, in accordance with change delivery and service management standards and capabilities.
- Champion the creation and adoption of shared architectural design policies and standards for enterprise-wide technology and cloud solutions.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend competitive and/or new alternative technologies and products which further the enterprise application and data strategy, with alignment to required business outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate quality controls in place including test regimes
- Review, align and maintain guiding principles/guard rails to enable proper governance over technology selection and implementation
- build and maintain positive relationships, delivering value to key stakeholders through expert advice, consulting on good practice, solutions and key decisions, staying connected with country and business unit plans and activities, raising awareness and driving aligned plans and solutions.
- Evangelize reuse through the development and embedding of shared assets.
- Develop and implement enterprise architecture practice improvements, to further raise the bar on enterprise architecture maturity and capability
- Develop knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the Firm and identify a clear vision of what determines a successful solution for the Firm.
- Lead and run design workshops to enable the ‘one design, fit for all’ principle, considering all regional requirements and positively influencing where necessary to enable a solution with consensus.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Global CTO.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrate an extensive and in-depth ability to design, influence and support successful cloud-based transformation strategies, roadmaps and programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand legacy technologies and the rapid integration of modern technologies and innovations.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Proven track record in driving growth and efficiency from technical architecture.
- Business outcomes focus, leveraging advanced technology solutions to the achievement of business goals underpinned with sound financial business cases
- Pragmatic approach to defining and adopting solutions in global / international organizations, managing compromise where needed within bounds of solution integrity, feasibility and business and IT impact.
- Delivery of architectural initiatives to time, cost, quality and associated budget and planning management.
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Conceptual analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and team members.
- Vendor selection and management to the achievement of agreed deliverables.
- Prior experience as an Enterprise Architect or Solution Architect or Cloud Architect, with advance knowledge of associated frameworks including TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
- Multiple years of strategic planning experience
- Advanced knowledge of:
- All cloud and traditional technology layers from access channels, infrastructure services, identity, networking, security, backup and recovery, data management, integration, storage, virtualization, and cloud technologies. In particular VMware, vRealize, Microsoft Azure, IT Automation and Orchestration, Microsoft Office 365.
- Exposure to multiple technology environments within large, diversified companies
- Experience defining and executing cloud strategies and solutions using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including, tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls.
- Proven experience developing cloud migration strategies and approaches to implementing them
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data).
- Experience of Data Center modernization programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Experience of software lifecycle and delivery approaches including waterfall, DevOps and agile methodologies and ways of working.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status