This position is responsible for coordinating programs that support the talent management functions for lawyers for all US offices. The Senior Coordinator reports to the U.S. Director of Legal Talent Management and the Legal Talent Managers based in Houston and New York. Overtime and occasional travel will be required. This position will be based in New York, New York.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports global mobility initiatives, secondments and immigration.
- Support annual non-partner lawyer compensation program
- Provide support to annual evaluation program, Attorney Evaluation Committee and Partner Review Committee
- Assist with activities related to the monitoring of market trends, lawyer talent programming and resources, etc.
- Work with Legal Talent Managers to facilitate firm mentorship program
- Serve as a resource to lawyers on general questions related to career path, HR questions, integration, and development
- Provide administrative support to the firm-wide associates committee and local committees as needed
- Support retention and engagement activities
- Support lawyer personnel initiatives
- Coordinate departmental projects and support Director/Managers as needed
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and job related skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of work experience in a professional setting, preferably a law firm
- Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel a plus
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Sense of pride in work, willingness to take responsibility and committed to working as a member of the team
- Demonstrate excellent client service, serving both internal and external clients
- Ability to work extra hours as dictated by the demands of the role
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status