The Global eDiscovery Services Group provides strategic eDiscovery and document review services to the firm’s disputes lawyers and clients. In collaboration with the department’s Directors, this strategic position will (a) advise and support the department’s eDiscovery project managers and dispute lawyers in the use of TAR, advanced analytics, machine learning and other related methodologies, (b) take the lead in supporting the firm’s cybersecurity and incident response practice and (c) will be integrally involved in the evaluation, selection and implementation of a new eDiscovery and cyber incident review solution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expertise. Serve as the department’s leading SME in solutions and methodologies that address data related challenges in eDiscovery, cyber incident response and data breach matters.
- Cyber. Work with legal teams, forensic vendors and clients to develop strategy for preserving and collecting data, analyzing exfiltrated data in cyber incident response matters, including from initial analysis, through review, extraction and notification.
- Cyber. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to design appropriate technical solutions in this complex area.
- TAR and Cyber. Provide legal teams and clients with analytics solutions through data-intensive analyses, complex modeling, statistical sampling and strategic technology.
- TAR. Advise eDiscovery project managers (PMs) and lawyers on TAR strategy, manage project work streams and effectively delegate implementation responsibilities to PMs.
- TAR. Prepare project-specific TAR documentation, visualizations, written analyses, reports and presentations.
- TAR. Remain abreast of industry developments in the area of TAR, analytics, technology and eDiscovery case law.
- TAR and Cyber. Assist to refresh and maintain the department’s documentation regarding cyber incident response and TAR practices, including process maps and workflows.
- TAR and Cyber. Support the department’s professional development program regarding TAR analytics and cyber incident response methodologies.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree required, JD preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience with litigation support, eDiscovery, TAR and project management
- Experience with the use of TAR platforms, including Brainspace, NexLP and comparable technologies
- Cyber incident response and data breach experience preferred, but willing to train
- Experience with discovery involving complex structured and unstructured data sources, mobile devices and enterprise collaboration platforms
- Familiarity with database concepts and technologies, such as MS SQL and MS Access.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau preferred but not required.
- Supervisory experience required
- Proven track record of advising key stakeholders to implement eDiscovery solutions in complex disputes and regulatory matters
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under rigorous deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in sensitive and stressful situations
- Ability to train, manage and delegate tasks while maintaining an active role in driving and completing tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status