The Global eDiscovery Services Group provides strategic eDiscovery and document review services to the firm’s disputes lawyers and clients. This strategic position will train, advise and support the department’s eDiscovery project managers and dispute lawyers in the use of technology assisted review “TAR”, advanced analytics, machine learning and other related methodologies. In addition, this role will be integrally involved in the evaluation, selection and implementation of a new eDiscovery platform.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as the department’s leading SME in solutions and methodologies that address data related challenges in eDiscovery.
- Consult with lawyers on culling approaches and uses of analytics for offensive and defensive analysis for review, productions, motions, and discovery practices
- Advise lawyers on ESI protocols.
- Collaborate with lawyers to design and execute structured analytics solutions on complex matters through, data modeling, statistical sampling and strategic technology.
- Lead TAR strategy in complex HSR Second Request matters.
- Advise eDiscovery project managers (PMs) and lawyers on TAR strategy, manage project work streams and effectively delegate implementation responsibilities to PMs.
- Prepare project-specific TAR documentation, visualizations, written analyses, reports and presentations as required.
- Assist to train eDiscovery Team and lawyers in new TAR and analytics methodologies leading up to the implementation of a new eDiscovery platform and beyond.
- Assist to refresh and maintain the department’s documentation regarding TAR practices, including process maps and workflows.
- Remain abreast of industry developments in the area of TAR, analytics, technology and eDiscovery case law.
- Support the department’s professional development program regarding TAR analytics and search term calibration methodology.
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree required, JD preferred
- 5+ years of experience with litigation support, eDiscovery, TAR and project management
- 3+ years management experience required
- Proven track record of advising key stakeholders to implement eDiscovery solutions in complex disputes and regulatory matters
- Experience with the use of TAR platforms and machine learning technology, including Brainspace, NexLP and comparable technologies
- Experience with discovery involving complex structured and unstructured data sources, mobile devices and enterprise collaboration platforms
- Familiar with database concepts and technologies, such as MS SQL and MS Access.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI and Tableau preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under rigorous deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in sensitive and stressful situations
- Ability to train, manage and delegate tasks while maintaining an active role in driving and completing projects