This position is responsible for assisting programs that support the Legal Talent Management functions for lawyers in all offices within the US. The Legal Talent Assistant will provide administrative support for the coordinators, managers and US Director on the Legal Talent Management team. Responsibilities of the team include supporting the non-partner lawyer compensation process, evaluation process, resource management and staffing, partner promotion process, performance management, mentor program, lateral integration program, legal personnel matters, global mobility and secondment efforts, non-partner policy development and implementation, associate committee functions and various non-partner lawyer events.
The ideal candidate for this role is professional, detail-oriented, collaborative and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in Houston, Texas.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Legal Talent Management team, including scheduling meetings, calls and booking travel.
- Compose, update and maintain spreadsheets, documents, template forms and communications.
- Organize and submit expenses through online system. Track and process all expenses for the team. Responsible for reconciling team charges and reimbursements.
- Assist team in updating and organizing data pertaining to arrivals and departures, the compensation process, evaluation process, retention efforts, among other data research projects as needed.
- Assists Legal Talent Coordinators in event planning for various firm functions.
- Assists Legal Talent Coordinators with departmental projects and supports the Director/Managers as needed.
- Other administrative duties and special projects, as assigned
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some professional experience is preferred
- Professionalism, personal integrity and high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Attention to detail, accuracy, responsiveness and excellent organizational skills required
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook required
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel a plus
- Demonstrate good judgment and accountability for delivering excellent work product
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills; both written and oral
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt in an ever changing environment, including the ability to prioritize
- Confident interacting with all levels of the organization, both legal and administrative
- Reliable, flexible and a can-do attitude in all situations is essential