Norton Rose Fulbright is organized by three main practice areas: Business, Disputes and Intellectual Property. The firm differentiates itself globally by strategically marketing six key industries and areas of strength referred to as our “Headlights.” They include: Financial Institutions; Energy; Infrastructure, Mining and Commodities (IMC); Technology & Innovation; Transport; and Life Sciences & Healthcare.
The Business Development (BD) Coordinator will support day-to-day and strategic marketing and business development activity for the Project Finance and the IMC Headlight teams, including pitches, presentations, events, targeting initiatives, online content and publications. In addition the coordinator will also support the wider Business practice on strategic projects and initiatives.
We are looking for a candidate who shows ambition, determination and the desire to pursue a career in business development. We aim to provide you with opportunities to develop your career, encouraging close cooperation and teamwork alongside other BD functions. This position reports into the Senior BD Manager for Project Finance. The position is based in New York.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and execution of BD initiatives to target opportunities in specific work areas, sectors and locations
- Monitor strategic actions agreed in plans and project meetings and helping partners meet their commitments
- Prepare and produce bespoke bids, panel pitches and other client development presentations, including drafting and editing text; coordinating international contributions to opportunities (such as CVs, team details, experience, etc.), ensuring adherence to brand guidelines; and maintaining the library of practice relevant bid content
- Manage experience collection and submission to league tables
- Production and updating of practice experience statements, marketing collateral and brochures
- Event support and delivery in collaboration with the in-house events team for conference sponsorships, client presentations and seminars, client dinners and other events related to the promotion of the practices
- Conduct sector or organization research
- Use internal communications channels in the US and, where relevant, at a global level to raise awareness of BD initiatives and opportunities
- Coordinate with partners on the development and publicizing of client alerts and articles, in cooperation with the PR team where necessary
- Ensure on and offline marketing collateral is compliant with visual identity guidelines, working in conjunction with the central Brand and Design teams
- Prepare and coordinate content for submission to legal directories
- Coordinate contributions and input into business development systems including InterAction (contact management database), bids and experience, and CV databases for supporting initiatives such as bids, events, client intelligence, experience statement compilation, league table and legal directory submissions
- Integrate the use of these systems into all activity according to best practice
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Experience Required
- Graduate caliber with demonstrable and/or professionally recognized marketing or communications qualification
- Significant relevant marketing and organizational experience
- Understands when to act and when to ask
- Builds trust among lawyers and marketing teams
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Experience of working in a legal and/or professional services environment
- Good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status