The Paralegal in Norton Rose Fulbright’s Houston office requires a diligent self-starter with two to three years' experience working in a legal or corporate environment. This position supports various attorneys within the Public Finance department. This individual is responsible for managing all aspects of public finance transactions and assists attorneys with various municipal utility district (MUD) matters, from preparation of orders, and agreements to attending MUD meetings and taking minutes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Municipal Utilities Districts
- Assist attorneys with their water district representation and finance, including district operations, construction, and bond related matters. Involved daily with all legal and administrative issues facing the water districts.
- Meeting participation, minute preparation, legal document administration and preparation, and government filings for Districts.
- Communicate and coordinate with directors, consultants, constituents and city, county, state and federal entities regarding district matters.
- Draft, revise and proof resolutions, orders, and agreements for municipal utility districts and file with local, state and federal governmental agencies as required.
- Manage and implement policies and procedures for assigned municipal utility districts.
- Extensive in house filing procedures for meeting documents and District related documents.
Public Finance Transactions
- Ensure steps complete and deadlines met through coordination with banks and agents, underwriter’s counsel, etc.
- Coordinate document preparation, review, and execution, keep attorneys apprised of deadlines and issues that arise during the course of a transaction.
- Assist attorney with drafting documents for tax-exempt bond financings.
- Prepare and organize necessary legal and closing documents for closings. filing and other administrative duties, as assigned
Please note this job description does not cover or contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English or a related field
- Strong grammar and spelling accuracy essential
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Organized and ability to prioritize
- Ability to interact well with clients, support staff, and department leadership
- Flexibility in work schedule a necessity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office