The Information Security Analyst is one of several such Analyst roles in the firm. Each Analyst is responsible for assisting with the day to day operation of CISO office tasks. Analysts are also encouraged to participate in proactively identifying sources of vulnerability and threat.
The role will be part of a worldwide team that is empowered to operate the activities within their assigned function. Daily activities will focus heavily on request, event and incident management and direction will be provided by the Information Security Manager.
Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to the professional development of its staff. There will be significant development opportunities for the Information Security Analyst role, both through on-the-job learning and targeted training. The CISO team also embrace a mentoring and meritocratic approach.
The success of this role is dependent upon building a lasting alignment between information security provisions and business requirements. In particular, the role must consider:
- The special requirements of the Firm with regard to client confidentiality, as well as regulatory requirements such as data protection.
- Achieving a balance between protecting the firm and ensuring that users can work effectively; being pragmatic but cognizant of risk.
- The Analyst can be based in either our Austin, Texas or our Houston, Texas office.
- Ensure that the Firm has the requisite capability to investigate, prevent and remediate against security breaches, viruses and deviations from security procedures.
- Act as a technical expert in the security field with a solid understanding of Norton Rose Fulbright’s Information Security infrastructure and act as its champion in relation to Information Security.
- Be responsible for the operation of Information Security monitoring and act as a technical point of escalation for any alerted issues.
- Manage the global Information Security incident / request queue.
- Assist with a program of educational, procedural and technical improvements aligned with the Information Security Management System.
- Be responsible for management of technical controls defined within the Information Security Management System.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and manage security incidents and requests to SLA guidelines within ServiceNow, including escalation as necessary.
- Operate any daily / weekly / monthly checks as required and provide standard reports as necessary.
- Review, escalate and action any unusual event behavior identified by the security and data leak protection systems.
- Assist with the removal of regional / global obstacles to information security requirements.
- Identify (and report) threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the Firm-wide security infrastructure configuration, policies and procedures, identifying improvements to procedures, and reporting on incidents.
- Actively promote security governance in support of the Firm-wide IT security policies, to ensure appropriate measures are taken to secure the Firm’s records and data and minimizing IT security breaches.
- Support and monitor operational IT teams to ensure their on-going maintenance and supportability of security infrastructure.
- Encourage cooperative working with all business functions to achieve shared security goals, ensuring skills transfer and technical security awareness within the teams. This includes writing process documents and conducting training sessions for members of the Global Information Security team and others within IT.
- Ability to fully utilize inbuilt security tools and in conjunction with appropriate outside agencies conduct forensic investigations as authorized through the security process.
- Work cooperatively with project teams when assigned and ensure that new project and changes adhere to the security policies and infrastructure governance standards and integrate into existing procedures or refining them as appropriate.
- Identify and evaluate technical remedial measures as identified by penetration tests, scanning and internal/external audits.
- Keep a technical industry awareness of security risks and exposures and proactively promote effective counter-measures.
- Configure appropriate security parameters in monitoring systems and act as a technical point of escalation for any alerted issues.
- Undertake or manage forensic analysis as required by the Firm or by law.
- Support the global audit function, including but not limited to, logging and tracking findings/non-conformities to resolution and performing audits when required.
- Assist in the organization of penetration testing mandates, and to ensure that the output is tracked and remediated.
- Perform document reviews and privileged account reviews at regular intervals, as required.
- Work with the procurement team to ensure all vendors’ security posture has been assessed as part of the on boarding process.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Information Security Manager.
Experience / Skills:
- Solid background in IT with experience in working within Information Security infrastructure or vocation to move from another technical discipline.
- Experience of participating in resolving technical security issues.
- Experience of introducing Information Security improvement through effective deployment of technology and / or processes to move to a proactive footing in security management or demonstrating similar in current technical discipline.
- Proven ability to communicate IT proposals to senior management to facilitate the introduction of new/additions to security systems and processes into the operational environment.
- Working knowledge of endpoint security solutions and security infrastructure.
- An ability to learn quickly, solve problems and pragmatically address risk.
- Technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT experience (preferred).
- Security-related certification e.g. CompTIA Security+, GSEC, CISSP (preferred).
- Good understanding of security frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST (preferred).
- Keen sense of responsibility, ability to set a professional example and desire to adhere to defined security practices.
- Strong technical security understanding.
- Self-motivated and able to work calmly and methodically under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional levels of personal integrity and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels through reports, presentations and forming effective matrixed relationships.
- Flexible approach to incorporate changing priorities.
- Cooperative, service-orientated, individual and established team worker, comfortable working in a geographically dispersed team.
- Good judgement when it comes to confidentiality and sensitivity of information of which they may become aware through the course of their duties.
- Adaptable and keen to learn new skills.
The scope of the Information Security function includes all strategic security planning and control oversight to ensure effective risk mitigation takes place within the firm. The Information Security team operates a number of security solutions directly, such as anti-malware solutions, Internet security proxy servers, and the vulnerability scanning platform, and rely on other departments (IT service delivery, HR, Facilities) to operate all other security controls.
The Information Security team is responsible for ensuring the overall effectiveness of the control framework and managing security incidents. The team work with unified principles and processes around the world while maintaining regional stakeholder relationships. They adhere to the international standard ISO 27001, and report to the Firm's CISO.