The Marketing Assistant will assist with the Dallas office business development, client entertainment, and community relations efforts department.
The highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual will work closely with our Marketing and Business Development Managers and Coordinators to assist with logistics associated with onsite and offsite marketing and business development events. This position will interface with local management, partners, and others on the marketing team to ensure that all local initiatives and events reflect firm strategy and best practice.
- Assist with events and details related to the firm’s sporting, arts, and theater tickets/suites for the local office; includes management of multiple suite owners invoicing and ticket processes
- Plan, organize and coordinate Dallas office events, conferences, CLE seminars, exhibitions and related activities, including event budget development and post-event analysis.
- Handle the local office’s community relations and charitable giving programs, including budget creation and management, lawyer board involvement and sponsorship benefits management including documentation of all requests submitted to the firm
- Monitor trends in the market that impact the legal industry and the general business community, including client business performance, prospective client opportunities and competitor activities
- Research identified targets within local office and provide relevant research to acquire new business
- Support the gathering, tracking and posting of speeches and presentations given by lawyers in the firm
- Create marketing lists and coordinate emailing; data entry/tracking of client entertainment activities and address corrections in InterAction, firm’s contact management database
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year of marketing experience preferred
- Ability to interact with lawyers, other firm management and staff, outside vendors and service providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills plus excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships internally with lawyers and staff as well as external relationships with industry professionals and vendors
- Proficient in most MS Office; experience with CRM databases, including InterAction, is helpful
- Ability to successfully organize and handle multiple priorities
- Can perform duties and responsibilities independently
- Flexible and proactive high energy professional with strong service orientation
- Ability to work hours in excess of standard work day and work week, especially during peak events seasons
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status