This is a high profile team with responsibility to manage proposals through the full proposal lifecycle, ensuring that proposals are completed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner. The Strategic Bids Manager reports to the Senior Strategic Bids Manager and works closely with our partners and other BD professionals across the US and around the globe to lead and manage proposals through to completion, ensuring that proposals are executed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner.
A large focus of this role will be to work with the Senior Strategic Bids Manager to respond to strategic bids, drive best practice across business development and partners, and provide strategic and project management support through the proposal lifecycle. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtain scope of proposal from lawyers; draft, edit and proof, including qualifying and obtaining sign off for submission in accordance with protocols, corporate standards and best practices
- Research and analyze information relative to the issues presented and parties involved and prepare and execute overview of findings and present the information to the lawyers involved
- Lead information gathering, drafting and editing of bids.
- Coordinate input and gather insights from multiple sources, including legal professionals, legal project management, pricing, and knowledge management.
- Provide project management support and information resources in order that strategic and panel bids are completed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner.
- Develop and manage relationships and work collaboratively with practice areas, industries, and business development teams
- Source and develop high-quality materials for use in proposals as standard text
- Write, edit, and managed up-to-date practice and experience descriptions and copy as needed. Assist in the auditing of existing materials to evaluate strategy and create new copy and approaches as appropriate
- Assist global offices on global proposals involving the US
- Update and maintain the opportunities module tracking system and assist in the creating of management reports
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in the proposals function, preferably in a legal services firm
- Strong research and writing skills, as well as superior proofreading skills with keen attention to detail
- A self-starter who can work on own initiative and is proactive in developing solutions
- Ability to liaise confidently and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and ability to manage workload
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team