The New York office has an immediate need for a Trusts & Estates Paralegal. The paralegal will support the members of the firm’s New York Trusts & Estates group with a focus on Estate Administration. The ideal candidate will have a high level of motivation, flexibility, initiative and ability to follow through on numerous ongoing projects.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct estate administrations, including probates and trust settlements, under the supervision of attorneys
- Assist with the preparation of highly customized foundational estate planning documents
- Assist attorneys with the preparation of federal estate tax returns and related filings
- Prepare and file probate court documents: notice of hearings, proofs of service, guardian ad litem petitions, etc.
- Assist attorneys with the administration of decedent’s trusts and estates: calendar deadlines, gather asset information from clients; prepare notices, etc.
- Prepare accounts and settlement papers for both informal and formal settlement of estates and trusts
- Maintain files and correspondence
- Additional projects and administrative matters, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three years of paralegal experience in trusts and estates law
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact well with people at all levels of the organization and some external parties
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, strong judgment, initiative, integrity and be a dependable, highly motivated, team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented, with above average spelling, language and grammar skills
- Flexibility to operate independently and in a team atmosphere with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and professionalism
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work overtime on short notice when required