The Secretary in the Dallas office will support lawyers by performing administrative duties. This position requires a candidate who can demonstrate a positive attitude and strong judgment. The ideal candidate will take initiative, have integrity and will be dependable.
Overtime and flexibility in schedule may be required from time to time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Document production including formatting, editing and finalizing correspondence, memoranda, briefs, motions, pleadings, etc.
- Proofread documents, correspondence, etc. for content, grammar and accuracy
- Organize client files in paper form and/or electronically via the firm’s document management system (FileSite)
- Submit filings with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Process new client/new matter and conflict search requests using the firm’s InTapp application and prepare engagement letters
- Enter, edit and transfer lawyer time entries in Epoch, as requested
- Assist with the preparation of monthly client invoices including edit, finalize and submit for e-billing, as necessary
- Assist with docketing and maintain lawyers’ calendar
- Coordinate lawyer travel arrangements including air, hotel and car reservations
- Process and manage lawyer expenses utilizing the firm’s Expense Manager application.
- Serve as the liaison to clients via verbal and email correspondence as directed
- Schedule client and firm meetings including coordinating audio/video conference meetings and catering needs
- Convert/scan documents to electronic format
- Internet research, as requested
- Assist with CLE registration including obtaining approval, registering, calendaring and processing payment
- Perform other business related duties as assigned
- Minimum five years of law firm or professional services experience is preferred
- High school diploma is required, some college is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intellectual Property experience is a plus, but not required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with lawyers in international legal practices
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Demonstrates good judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is committed to the job, with flexibility to work overtime as needed