The Manager of Information Technology is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the office technology needs. The ideal candidate is attentive to detail, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, and owns/acts on quality problems.
This position reports to the US Manager of IT Customer Service.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all IT equipment and infrastructure is maintained within the local office
- Identify and address operational technology needs
- Assist with evaluation, testing and deployment of new technologies
- Responsible for seeing that current technologies are maintained and working as designed
- Ensure that all IT Service functions are performed within budget
- Collaborate closely with other IT Managers
- Responsible for ensuring that IT Services are delivered to the firm with the highest level of Customer Service possible
- Solicit feedback from firm personnel and enact change to improve the level of service provided
- Lead and manage the local IT Support Analyst(s)
- Provide an escalation path, operational oversight, personnel management and professional development opportunities for this team
- Work closely with local office administration to provide other services as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in information technology required
- 5+ years of related experience in the field of Information Technology
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment is preferred
- Proficiency with a wide range of computer technologies, including Windows, networking technologies, Microsoft Office, computer hardware, remote access solutions and smart devices
- Strong analytical skills to determine appropriate solutions to issues that may arise within the technology
- Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels; through good oral and written communication.
- Must be able to work a very flexible shift including weekends, nights and holidays when necessary; some remote work may be necessary