Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP is seeking an innovative, highly-motivated, and experienced legal recruitment professional to oversee the implementation and development of lawyer recruiting initiatives in the Washington DC office.
Reporting to the National Director of Legal Recruiting, and working closely with the Washington, DC Hiring Partners, the Manager will play an integral role in the Washington office summer associate and on-campus recruiting programs, entry-level and lateral non-partner lawyer hiring efforts, including sourcing, assessing, and presenting candidates. The Manager will oversee and implement the Washington, DC office summer program, including planning and attending events, coordinating the mentor program, and assisting with the work assignment process. The Manager is responsible for building strategic relationships with career services personnel, key law student groups, and developing and executing initiatives at a number of law schools. The position will also assist with firm events, lawyer orientation and onboarding, budget management, work closely with other members of the legal recruiting and legal talent departments, and assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of four years of previous legal recruitment experience is required
- Previous professional services, corporate, or law firm experience a plus
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills to successfully interact with all levels of firm personnel
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise judgment and handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Exhibit initiative to accomplish results while working independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated strength in developing and maintaining professional relationships both within and outside the organization
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and various databases
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends is necessary and will be required during peak recruiting seasons